THAheadline Highlights: Chelsea Miller
THAheadline would like to highlight the rising creator, singer, and songwriter, Chelsea Miller.
1. Background of who you are. (Where are you from? Academic Background?)
Hey! I’m Chelsea 💕I’m from Dallas Texas! Now living in LA. They say when you hit your fifth year, you’re a native but it’s still Texas all dayyyy😎.
2. What made you realize that music was your path?
My mom was very artistic and always keeping me exposed to dance shows, music, and theater! One local theater in Fort Worth called Kids Who Care was holding auditions, and my mom wanted me to attend. We went to a bookstore, bought Whitney Houston’s ‘Greatest Love of All,’ and she made me learn it that night! Matilda was and still is my favorite movie, so I recited some lines from that movie as a monologue. Safe to say, they loved it, and I had a ten-year tenure with that musical theater company. I was also a student at the Debbie Allen Dance Academy every summer, and everything just always aligned. I’m happiest when I’m performing!
3. Who are your musical influences?
Honestly, anyone who puts their music out there influences me! Because being an artist is hard!
but if I can name a few:
4. Has there been one particular moment in your musical career that you're most proud of?
I sang during the ‘Magic Moment’ at the LA SPARKS game. Two minutes where I got to put myself out there in THE L.A.s STAPLES CENTER. So many greats have hit that wood floor! It felt great to feel thousands of people watching me. But after the game as I was heading out, I got stopped by so many people! They all hugged me and blessed me with nice words...just an unexplainable feeling because I never expected them to respond in that way.
5. You have been singing for quite some time. We believe that the opportunities you are blessed with aren't merely luck but a matter of opportunity colliding with hard work. One significant blessing you have had is being able to perform with a MAJOR ARTIST. Share your experience of being apart of this artist's background vocalist. How did that opportunity come about?
Huge S/O to my good sis Tiffanie Cross! She referred me to that opportunity, and I have been rocking for over a year now with that movement. Its a blessing!
6. How would you describe your sound and the music you create?
My sound is just ...me! I have a very versatile style. Overall, I always want to make sure I’m being genuine anytime I release music...a lot of times, artists want to chase the trends, but I know there are people out there who will rock with whatever I’m feeling at the time, so I give that organic feel. You can’t lose when you’re true to yourself.
7. What piece of advice would you give someone who aspires to follow in your footsteps?
ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR HEART and BE RELENTLESS IN PURSUIT OF YOUR DREAMS. Although I’ve been doing entertainment all my life, I did approach a time when I started seeking other things just to please others, and it never worked out. I was always led back to music or arts. It’s what I believe I’m on earth to do! So now I’m going headfirst into my dreams and not stopping anytime soon!
8. What's next for you?
Well, I’m hosting my first event as an artist on Feb. 18th! ‘A Night with BriJolie’, which will just be an introduction to who I am as an artist! I will be dropping an EP and visuals for all of my music this year! So I’m really excited to see my investments unfold this year.
9. How can people stay in THA know with you? (social media)
Follow me on IG @thebrijolieshow! You can keep up with all things concerning my music, shows, etc. I also post really funny memes from time to time :)
10. Please include anything that you would like to share. :)
Keep God first, and you’ll never lose!
Check out Chelsea's latest project, "Pressure." We look forward to seeing more from her in the near future!